Just a reminder, but in case you aren’t aware of it, Vino’s Picasso is holding painting parties here at Lovegrove Gallery & Gardens. Between five and six days a week, VP helps people just like you create their very own Leoma-inspired painting. Even if you’ve never painted a stroke, owner Mercedes Price and her artists will walk you and your friends through the easy-peasy process. It’s a laugh riot, and the weather couldn’t be nicer. Believe me, you owe it to yourself to get in on this!
If you’re not familiar with Vino’s Picasso, they’re a co-op of local artists who believe that everyone has an inner artist that’s just waiting for the right circumstances to emerge. Over 90% of the folks who attend one of their events have never painted before, and you won’t believe the fun you’ll have as you make your very own Lovegrove-inspired masterpiece!
That’s not just hype either! Vino’s Picasso has been voted the #1 paint bar and art gallery on TripAdvisor by travelers and locals just like you! You’ll quickly discover that the reason they have such an impeccable reputation is because they love what they do and they make their own rules! I’m so proud of what they do that this is the fourth consecutive year I’m partnering with them so that people can spend a few hours in my shoes making beautiful art.
Even if you’ve painted in my garden before, you absolutely, positively have to do it again. Why? For starters, we’ve recently installed a brand new covered wooden deck just for Vino’s Picasso guests. And we’re always making improvements to the gardens and changing the art inside the gallery. So there’s always a ton of new paintings, new collages and new places to discover. On top of that, Mercedes and her artists are a lot of fun and you never know when I’ll pop in with my glitter gun or to sign your canvas.
And you get to choose which of my paintings you want to create for yourself. For example, the folks who came out today re-created my Peacock painting. Tomorrow they’ll be doing one of my pelicans. On Friday, it’s my seahorse; on Saturday, a flamingo; and on Sunday a heron. To see what you’d be painting and if space is available, just visit Vino Picasso’s website. They keep a calendar there for you convenience.
So spend the day on Matlacha enjoying the island’s local art culture, fun dive bars and fresh seafood! Parties run through April. But you better hurry, because these events sell out fast! They’ll have paint, brushes and everything else you need, including aprons. But come dressed to paint! RSVP to Vino’s Picasso now by calling 239-431-8750.
** WHAT YOU & YOUR GUESTS NEED TO KNOW **
- No refunds, no credits for no-shows, no American Express.
- 24 hour cancellation policy or a $10 rescheduling fee (per person) may apply.
- $50-$55 per painter includes all materials, a 12×16 canvas, an apron and plenty of instruction from local Vino’s Picasso artists! (You can even upgrade the size of the canvas for a modest fee.)
- SEATING is first come, first serve. Space can be tight so we recommend you leave large bags and coolers at home or in your vehicle.
- PARK at the Matlacha Island Community Park. We wish it were otherwise, but there’s simply not enough room in front of the gallery.
- CHECK-IN begins 10-15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Please stay out of the studio area until check-in begins.
- This session is held RAIN or SHINE, HOT or COLD. Dress appropriately. You’ll have a blast regardless! (And did I mention that the deck is now covered?)
- Events are subject to cancellation based on RSVPs so reserve your seats and invite everyone you know!
- No coupons or discounts on Lovegrove Exclusives.
- YOU MUST RSVP via our Matlacha/Off-site Calendar: http://www.VINOSpicasso.com.